The Galleon is an extremely durable ship with massive broadside firepower, but with low speed and manoeuvrability. It has less point-defence that other ships of this size, which can make it more susceptible to Mines and Torpedoes. The Galleon is the most durable ship in the game, this is due to its large number of layers. However, this combined with the Galleon's slow speed, makes it vulnerable to Mortars. The Galleon has the greatest crew count of out any ship, making it the best ship in the game at boarding.
- Huge crew size, the largest of all ships.
- Many Harpoons in good positions.
- Massive broadside firepower.
- Aftercastle Medium Cannons can fire in almost any direction.
- Massive hull strength, the most durable of all ships.
- Less point-defence than other ships of a similar cost.
- Many layers and therefore vulnerable to Star Mortars.
- Very low mobility.
- Not many customisable weapon banks
- Very large and therefore easy to hit.
Battle at Procyon StatisticsEdit
Point Cost: 230 VP
- Minimum Cost: 130 VP
Max Thrust: 30,000
Max Speed: 15 km/h
- True Speed Value: 4.166667
- Max Angular Acceleration: 0.389910
Crew Size: 36 (incorrectly says 37 in game)
- 1 Captain
- 1 First Mate
- 1 Spotter
- 1 Helmsman
- 2 Engineers
- 8 Riggers
- 12 Fighters
- 10 Gunners
Hull Strength: 6,980 HP
- Core Strength: 550 HP
Firepower: Very Good (10 Banks)
The Galleon has huge broadside firepower, and has three Harpoon Guns per broadside which can keep enemies in still for your broadsides, or enable you to send you massive crew in to take their ship via boarding. You can if you want, replace the broadside Heavy Cannons with Carronades, which are better against other large ships at close range, especially once they are locked in place with Harpoons. However, its harder to hit smaller ships with them, and they have less range.
The Galleon has very weak frontal firepower, with only two Gatling Guns. Stay in front of the Galleon to be as safe as possible, although it can actually still fire the aftercastle Medium Cannons forward if it turns slightly as well as backwards. This makes its frontal and rearward firepower better than it is on paper, but still much safer than facing its sides. The Galleon is weak to Mortars, Torpedoes and Mines. If you have Plasma Cannons, then you can out range the Galleon, and wear it down from a distance if you have to. The Pirates don't have access to them, so you can be sure they won't match your range.
Open Skirmish NamesEdit
- The Callico Jack
- Salty Bob
- The Saucy Mare
- The Callico Jack
- Bonne Chance
- Flaming Rose
- The White Count
- Kaiser Max
- Fancy Scot
- Bachelor's Delight
- Gangster of Pain
- Sultan's Dream
- The Lord of Loot (Mission 11)
- In the Open Skirmishes, the Galleon has the name 'The Callico Jack' listed twice. The name is also misspelt, as the Pirate that this ship's name references is actually spelt 'Calico Jack'.